Tuesday 9 November 2010

Brief Analysis of an Israel Kamakawiwo'ole Music Video



Today I decided to analyse the video of Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole so I could then see if they were any key aspects of the video I should apply to my own.



The first thing I noticed about the music video was how there is a strong sense of nature imagery throughout. There are many clips of the ocean or the beach or even rainbows throughout. Obviously nature was very important to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and his videos and I shall try and include some in my own video.


Another key part of the video was how Israel himself was in it, miming along to the lyrics whilst playing the ukulele. There was a strong relationship between the artist and the video and I hope to reconstruct this in my own. However, due to having such a distinctive look I will not be able to cast anyone who looks like Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.


There was also a strong sense of people enjoying themselves throughout the video, it is very much a feel good video. I hope to capture this positivity in my own video.



Finally, one of the last things I noticed in the video was how there was a wide variety of age groups in the video. I believe this is because Israel is liked by such a wide age group of people and I will try my best to include a range of ages in my own music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment